Reasons to Hire a Realtor® for New Construction | The Sarver Group
Reasons to Hire a Realtor® for New Construction
It is so exciting when you begin the process of building your dream home! You get to choose your floor plan, flooring, counter tops, exterior design, upgrades, etc. A huge misconception is you don’t need a Realtor®. Below are some reasons why it is important to have a Realtor®:
- The Sales Agent only works for the builder. When walking into the model home, the friendly sales person will greet you and most likely give you a tour. But they represent the BUILDER, not you. Our job as a Realtor®, is to look out for your best interest.
- Your Realtor® is your advocate. Your agent will make sure you know what your rights are and that you are not taken advantage of.
- Hiring a Realtor® is at NO cost to you! The builder is responsible for the agents commission.
- An agent can help you find the right builder in the right neighborhood. We as experienced agents, can truly listen to your needs and what best fits your lifestyle.
- A Realtor® can assist you to make right choices for your budget. New construction can be a bit overwhelming with the endless possibilities of upgrades, additions, etc. A good Realtor® can help guide you to make decisions that best suit you, not the builder.
- Your agent will find out about any builder promotions. And these promotions can help you negotiate a better price and terms.
- An agent will guide you every step of the way through the building process. When meeting with your agent, you can express your expectations/concerns and they can walk you through the process. Even attend your design meeting, walk through and any builder meetings.
- A Realtor® can assist you with your lender selection. Sometimes builders push their own in house lenders and offer more incentives. However, it’s ALWAYS good to speak with a preferred lender (either recommended by your agent or one of your choosing) to compare apples to apples.
If you decide to go with new construction and you are working with a Realtor®, please be sure to always mention you are working with an agent. The Sarver Group is an experienced group of agents that would be happy to assist you in the purchase of your new construction home or if you have any questions, you can contact us at 704-626-7007 or check out our website www.thesarvergroup.com.