Waxhaw | The Sarver Group Real Estate
Waxhaw is a rapidly expanding Union County town of more than 11,000 residents 12 miles southeast of Charlotte. The town’s population grew 370 percent from 2000 to 2010, according to census data and the UNC Charlotte Urban Institute. Named after the Native American tribe that lived there prior to colonial settlement, the area is where gold was first discovered in the United States. Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States, was born nearby in 1767.
Today, Waxhaw is known as an antique and fine dining center. Its historic town center of town has dozens of specialty shops and restaurants, and it’s a hub for residents with its festivals, music nights and community gatherings. Waxhaw features annual events that attract visitors, such as Spring Fest, Movies in the Park, Fourth of July Parade, Autumn Treasures festival, Twelve Days of Christmas and Christmas Parade. Major employers include Carolinas HealthCare, Tyson Foods, ATI Specialty Materials, Scott Technologies, Consolidated Metco and AEP Industries.
LIFE IN WAXHAW
In the heart of downtown, you’ll find the Waxhaw Antiques Mart, Stewart’s Village Gallery, Waxhaw Tack Exchange, Designer Consigner and many other locally owned businesses. Carolina Place and SouthPark malls are nearby.
People from around the Charlotte area come to Waxhaw to check out the wide variety of restaurants. Favorites include Maxwell’s Tavern, the New American cuisine of Heritage Food and Drink, Black Chicken Wine Cellar (more than 450 wines and craft beers), Trattoria Antica and JB’s Lazy Pig BBQ.
There’s something for everyone in Waxhaw. Check out the David G. Barnes Children’s Park, Museum of the Waxhaws, Cane Creek Park, the JAARS Center, Waxhaw Sk8 Park, The Storefront Theatre, Waxhaw Farmers Market, Jess Helms Soccer Complex, nature programs and fishing tournaments.
FIND OUT MORE
Want to learn more about Waxhaw? The Sarver Group can help you find your new home today. Contact us any time to learn about living in Waxhaw … This is about more than real estate. It is about your life and your dreams.
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group