Mooresville | The Sarver Group Real Estate
Mooresville is all about NASCAR. This town of more than 32,000 people, located about 25 miles north of Charlotte, is the home of more than 60 NASCAR racing teams and drivers, along with an IndyCar team and its drivers, as well as racing technology suppliers. All good reasons it has earned the nickname “Race City USA.”
Early settlers in the Mooresville area were English, German, and Scot-Irish families who had headed south from Virginia and Pennsylvania, many looking for land to start farms. In the 1700s, the area was known as Deep Well. Cotton became one of the biggest crops for the families. In 1856, a railroad was built on land owned by farmer John Franklin Moore. He set up a depot and, with others, established a small village in the late 1850s known as Moore’s Siding. The town was incorporated as Mooresville in 1873.
Real estate in Mooresville ranges from homes over $1 million in The Point to townhomes starting in the $160s at Morrison Plantation. You’ll find a wide range of home styles and family-friendly neighborhoods with sidewalks and bike trails, waterfront condos communities (some with boat slips), or spacious luxury homes on the lake.
Much of Mooresville’s downtown commercial district is part of the town’s historic district. There are numerous other important buildings and areas, including Mill Village Historic District, Mount Mourne Plantation, Johnson-Neel House, Cornelius House, and Espy Watts Brawley House.
There are more than 60 restaurants in the Mooresville area, ranging from sushi and tapas at Mona’s Lounge to Eddie’s Seafood and Raw Bar to the Black-Eyed Pea, for good ol’ Southern cooking. Click here to find your new favorite.
Being outdoors is an integral part of living near Lake Norman. Mooresville’s Recreation Department offers adult and children’s programs and leagues, dance, gymnastics, and facility rental. The town’s 15 parks include an outdoor pool, 6-mile mountain bike trail, playgrounds, basketball, batting cage, splash pad, dog park and more.
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group