Mooresville, NC – Race City USA Real Estate
Mooresville, NC 28115, 28117
Mooresville is a large town located in Iredell County with a population of 37,820 and a land area of 14.7 square miles. Convenient to interstate I-77 and located off of exits 31, 33, 35 & 36, Charlotte-Douglas airport is about 23 miles away and interstates I-85 and I-40 are a short 15 minute drive away.
Considered part of the Lake Norman area, those who want to live on or near the water, shopping and restaurants may choose to live on or closer to the west side of Mooresville and for those who desire things being a bit quieter and a more rural backdrop the east side of Mooresville may work for you!
Mooresville is known as Race City USA due to it being the home of many NASCAR racing teams and drivers, as well as racing technology suppliers.
Entertainment, Recreation and Shopping
There are some great things to see and do in Mooresville, even giraffes and rhino’s! Have a blast seeing and feeding the animals at Lazy 5 Ranch. Another family friendly destination is Carrigan Farms which is a pick your own farm that grows strawberries, apples, veggies and pumpkins. If you want to enjoy some time on or by the water go to Queens Landing and take one of their cruises on Lake Norman, eat lakeside or play some mini-golf! If you enjoy looking at vintage cars, race cars, and learning the history behind these vehicles than spend a day at the Memory Lane Museum. If you feel the need for speed, then The Pit Indoor Cart Racing is the place to go. They offer go-karts, one of the largest indoor tracks in the country, as well as billiards and arcade games. Downtown Mooresville offers shopping, dining, and an old time feel that you will be sure to enjoy! There are also plenty of big box stores in Mooresville such as Kohls, Target, Walmart and tons of restaurants to enjoy off of exits 33 and 36.
Restaurants & Breweries
Mooresville offers a variety of great restaurants from the big chains to local restaurants & breweries. Whatever you are craving, you will find it here! Below are just a few you can try!
Ghostface Brewing Brewery & Pizzeria
Parks & Greenways
Mooresville offers 15 parks including the Town of Mooresville Skate Park. The link below lists its parks, what they offer and show its location on the map.
Lowes home Improvements corporate headquarters is located in Mooresville and is the largest employer in the area, employing approximately 3,000 people. Across from that is Lake Norman Regional Medical Center that employs around 930 people. Walmart, the Mooresville Graded School System, Penske Racing and NGK Ceramics USA Inc., are some of the other top employers in the area.
To see more of the area top employers please click the link.
Mooresville is served by two school districts. There is the Mooresville Graded School District (MGSD) and the Iredell-Statesville School District. MGSD provides laptops to grades 4-12 that the children can also take home. Elementary school is K-3, Intermediate schools are 4-6, Middle schools are 7-8 and high school 9-12.
The schools zones for ISS are:
Elementary: Coddle Creek Elementary, Lake Norman Elementary, Lake Shore Elementary, Woodland Heights Elementary
Middle: Brawley Middle School, Lakeshore Middle School
High: Lake Norman High School
There are also private and charter schools in the area as well.
Mooresville Graded School District
Iredell-Stateville School District
Liberty Preparatory Christian Academy
Hospitals & Medical Facilities
Located in Mooresville is Lake Norman Regional Medical Center. There’s other nearby facilities as well.
Lake Norman Regional Medical Center
Iredell County taxes are .5275 per $100 of assessed value. The Town of Mooresville is .58 per $100 of assessed value. If you live in the Mooresville Graded School District you will encounter an additional tax of .185.
See the chart for more information: Iredell County Tax Chart
- Everything to do in and around Charlotte
- Compare your city with Charlotte, NC
- Breakdown of Propety Taxes 2021-2022
- Map and locations of Novant Hospitals/Medical Centers
- Buyer Relocation Presentation
- Charlotte – Getting Around the City
- Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT
- How to Finish First at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC
- Central North End: Historic Meets Hip
- Charlotte South End: Dilworth, South Park, and Myers Park
- Charlotte East End: Something for Everyone
- The Whitewater Center Charlotte, NC
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- 2 Lake Norman Towns Top The List
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius – Land of Lakes
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Lake Norman’s Top Employers
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Where To Eat in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Davidson Community Players
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Historic Latta Plantation – Huntersville NC
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home