Landscaping to Improve Resale Real Estate
Landscaping to Improve Resale: 9 Projects That Fit Within Your Desired Price Point
As the weather starts to heat up each Spring, so too does the housing market. Spring is an optimal time to get your house ready to sell. The first thing that potential buyers will see of your home is the landscaping, so make a great first impression with beautiful outdoor spaces. An investment in landscaping can help sell your home faster and for more money. There are simple projects at every price point that can help you achieve great curb-appeal.
- Keep the Lawn Well-Manicured
The easiest and most obvious landscape project when hoping to sell your home is to get your lawn looking its best. Spring is a great season to try to sell because your lawn is helped by Mother Nature. Wet, mild Spring weather will help the lawn stay green with less effort. To show off that green lawn, make sure to mow and edge it often.
- Keep Your Yard Weed Free
It may not cost much, but it will require some time and effort to control the weeds around your property. Spray or pull weeds in flowerbeds, on property borders, and along the driveway. A weed-free yard will help potential buyers feel confident that the home is well cared for, which can create an overall positive impression of your home.
- Add Flower Pots Near Your Front Door
A splash of color in the yard is a great way to highlight your home. If you are looking to sell quickly, it might be too late to do major yard improvements since new flowers and plants will not have adequate time to grow and mature, but a few beautiful pots of flowers strategically placed near your front door can have a similar effect without requiring a lot of time and maintenance.
- Add Outdoor lighting
Outdoor lighting has become a trendy feature that buyers have embraced. Lighting can add interest to your yard, highlight areas of beautiful landscaping, and make your home stand out at all times of the day. Solar lights are particularly easy to use because they will recharge during the day and automatically come on in the evening to illuminate your home.
- Install Curbing/Edging
If you have a little extra money to spend, consider adding curbing or edging around your yard. It helps the landscaping appear crisp and clean, and makes the lawn easier to mow and trim. Savvy buyers will appreciate the ease of maintenance and the defined spaces that curbing creates.
- Hire a Lawn or Pest Control Company
It is important when selling a home to make sure that their aren’t any obvious problems. If your lawn is dead or patchy or you have pest problems like spiders, mice, etc, you will need to get those under control. Some of these projects are beyond the scope of what an individual without training can quickly achieve and should be left to professionals. Lawn care companies and exterminators can assess the issues you may have and recommend treatments. This may even be limited to a one time visit that can quickly improve the chances of selling your home.
- Create Outdoor Living Areas
If you have money to invest in your home, high-end landscaping projects can increase your bottom-line and draw attention from buyers looking for upgrades. Extra living area outside of your home is a huge attention grabber that attracts buyers. This could range from simple patios staged with outdoor furniture, to screened in porches, to full outdoor kitchen areas. Depending on your location, these upgrades may or may not be worth the investment, so do your research before proceeding.
- Replace or Update Fencing
Fences provide a safe place for children and pets and also give homeowners a feeling of privacy, so they are highly sought after. Fencing is also one of the first things people see when coming to your home. If your fence is an eyesore, it will be worth it to make the effort to have it replaced or fixed up. A new fence is quite an investment, so first determine if your fence can be spruced up with some nails and a new coat of paint.
- Hire a Professional Landscaper
If you are serious about creating a stunning yard, a professional landscaper can add massive amounts of curb appeal to make your home one of a kind. A landscaper can help you add impressive things like paving stone walkways, decorative retaining walls, and water features. Outdoor improvements definitely increase house values, but it is always good to know what the market will support in your area before moving forward.
No matter how much money you have to invest in your home’s landscaping, there are projects you can do this Spring to improve your home’s curb appeal and get it noticed by buyers.
- All About The Whitewater Center Charlotte, NC
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- 2 Lake Norman Towns Top The List
- Landscaping to Improve Resale
- How to Finish First at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC
- Davidson Community Players
- Where To Eat in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- Cornelius – Land of Lakes
- Historic Latta Plantation – Huntersville NC
- Lake Norman’s Top Employers
- Amazing Home Of NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart
- Amazing Homes Of NASCAR Drivers
- Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT
- Central North End: Historic Meets Hip
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Charlotte East End: Something for Everyone
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Charlotte South End: Dilworth, South Park, and Myers Park
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Charlotte – Getting Around the City
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group