Lake Norman | The Sarver Group Real Estate
Just 20 minutes from the heart of Charlotte, the beautiful Lake Norman area is known as the “Inland Sea.” With more than 520 miles of shoreline, the lake was formed in the 1960s when Duke Power dammed the Catawba River to create a power plant. Today, the largest manmade lake in North Carolina touches four counties (Catawba, Iredell, Lincoln and Mecklenburg), with endless possibilities for finding your new home.
While it started as a weekend resort area for Charlotte residents, today Lake Norman features real estate communities with hundreds of homes ranging from small lake cottages to multi-million dollar lakefront mansions. With interstates 77 and 40 close by, travel to uptown Charlotte, the mountains and the beaches is easy and convenient.
FISHING & BOATING
Lake Norman State Park has two bank fishing areas and eight public boating access areas along the shoreline. You can catch catfish, crappie, bluegill and yellow perch, plus striped, largemouth and white bass, along with turtles. Lake Norman hosts one of the International Jet Sport Boats Association (IJSBA) tour stops. Team Tweek, a race team headquartered in Mooresville, helps promote and coordinate the annual event. There also is the Lake Norman Yacht Club, which hosts many South Atlantic Yacht Racing Association (SAYRA) sailboat races throughout the year.
In the Lake Norman area, you’ll find the charm and hospitality of Southern cooking, waterfront dining, small-town diners and award-winning restaurants. There also are breweries and wineries nearby for every taste. Click here to search for your new favorite place to dine.
ARTS & CULTURE: Davidson’s Arts District, the Cornelius Arts Center, the Art Glass Works and House of Jazz are just a few to visit. Click here for a suggested arts and culture itinerary.
GOLFING: There are numerous golf courses in the Lake Norman area, ranging from public daily fee 18-hole courses to private courses. Big names abound: The Peninsula has an 18-hole golf course designed by Rees Jones; Greg Norman designed The Point’s course; Birkdale’s was designed by Arnold Palmer. There’s a fun miniature golf course, too!
Go big at Concord Mills, with its 200 stores, or visit nearby Northlake Mall and South Park Mall. Many of the Lake Norman towns have boutique areas such as Birkdale Village in Huntersville. You’ll also find many restaurants and services catering to . Check out the Hugh Torance House & Store in Huntersville: It’s one of the few remaining 18th-century structures in Mecklenburg County and the oldest standing store in North Carolina.
According to Business NC, LKN Region is a multiagency marketing cooperative composed of the five economic development organizations whose communities are located near Lake Norman’s shores: The Catawba County Economic Development Corp.; Lake Norman Regional Economic Development Corp.; Lincoln Economic Development Assoc.; Mooresville-South Iredell Economic Development Corp.; and Statesville Regional Development. Home-improvement retailer Lowe’s is based in Mooresville, and Ingersoll-Rand bases its North American operations in Davidson. Other large and global companies in the Lake Norman area include Sulzbach and Forbo Siegling LLC.
Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce
Click here to see all the Lake Norman Homes for sale
- Everything to do in and around Charlotte
- Compare your city with Charlotte, NC
- Breakdown of Propety Taxes 2021-2022
- Map and locations of Novant Hospitals/Medical Centers
- Buyer Relocation Presentation
- Charlotte – Getting Around the City
- Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT
- How to Finish First at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC
- Central North End: Historic Meets Hip
- Charlotte South End: Dilworth, South Park, and Myers Park
- Charlotte East End: Something for Everyone
- The Whitewater Center Charlotte, NC
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- 2 Lake Norman Towns Top The List
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius – Land of Lakes
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Lake Norman’s Top Employers
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Where To Eat in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Davidson Community Players
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Historic Latta Plantation – Huntersville NC
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home