Cornelius | The Sarver Group
Cornelius was founded in 1893 by Joseph Benjamin Cornelius, who funded the building of the cotton mill that established the town. This quaint town of more than 25,000 residents is made up of beautiful lakefront homes, antique shops, small boutiques, and brick sidewalks. Cornelius is comprised of two main areas: the historical section, which is primarily east of Interstate 77, and the newer developments near Lake Norman along West Catawba Avenue.
The damming of the Catawba River to create Lake Norman was as influential as the cotton industry to the town’s development and growth. In 1963, Duke Power created Lake Norman and provided the area with recreational opportunities and a source of hydroelectric power. The town gained 70 miles of shoreline when Lake Norman was formed. Cornelius is a laid-back town offering unique attractions, restaurants, lakeside parks and shopping.
Neighborhoods in Cornelius rank from uber-luxury The Peninsula to the established, family friendly Blue Stone Harbor, with homes starting in the $300s. The most exclusive development is The Peninsula, located off Jetton Road, which has homes ranging in price from the $400s to over $3 million. There also are many developments that offer more affordable single-family homes. Victoria Bay is a new neighborhood with homes priced in the $200s with a community pool, clubhouse, tennis courts and walking trails.
The Shops at the Fresh Market, Jetton Village, Oak Street Mill, Southlake Shopping Center, Shops On The Green, Cornelius Town Center, Turnbury Place, St. Andrews, Magnolia Place, Kenton Place and Harborview offer residents a wide variety of shopping options.
There are more than 50 restaurants to choose from in the Cornelius area, including the Acropolis Café and Grille, Choplin’s fine dining and El Paraiso, which offers a taste of Mexico. Click here to find your new favorite restaurant in Cornelius.
ARTS & RECREATION
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group