Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville Real Estate
Cornelius, NC 28031
Cornelius is a suburban town located along Lake Norman in Mecklenburg County with a population of 29,191 and 12.08 square miles according to the 2017 census. Charlotte Douglas Airport is about 25 minutes south of the town. Cornelius is off of I-77 at Exit 28. Nearby cities and towns are Huntersville, Davidson, and Mooresville.
The city of Cornelius has a great page filled with information you will find helpful in learning more about the city and all it has to offer!
Entertainment, Recreation and Shopping
Cornelius is situated along Lake Norman which is the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas! Residents of Cornelius have easy access to Lake Norman and fun water activities such as boating, fishing, tubing and swimming!
Enjoy mini golf with the family at LKN Miniature Golf or Michael Waltrip’s Raceworld USA filled with NASCAR memorabilia. You will find upscale shopping centers along West Catawba Avenue off I-77 at Exit 28 such as Jetton Village, Shops on the Green & Kenton Place to name a few.
Restaurants & Breweries
Cornelius offers a variety of great restaurants from the big chains to local restaurants & breweries. Whatever you are craving, you will find it here! Below are just a few you can try!
Parks & Greenways
The Town of Cornelius offers several parks, fields and greenways for sports, play, walking, biking and picnics.
The leading industries in Cornelius are Management and administrative occupations, healthcare, waste management, finance and real estate occupations.
The City of Cornelius’s Students attend the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school system. Children residing in Cornelius attend Cornelius Elementary, J.V. Washam Elementary, Bailey Middle School and William Amos Hough High School.
You can check to see which schools are assigned to an address here: School Locator
Private schools include Grace Covenant Academy, Phoenix Montessouri Academy and others. Check out the links below for a listing of schools and their ratings.
Hospitals & Medical Facilities
The nearest hospitals are located in nearby Mooresville and Huntersville.
The Town of Cornelius’s tax rate is .255 cents per $100 assessed valuation in addition to Mecklenburg County’s tax rate of .8232 cents per $100 of assessed property value.
On a house with a tax value of $200,000 you would pay $1.0782 per $100 for a total tax bill of $2156.40
- All About The Whitewater Center Charlotte, NC
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- 2 Lake Norman Towns Top The List
- Landscaping to Improve Resale
- How to Finish First at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC
- Davidson Community Players
- Where To Eat in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- Cornelius – Land of Lakes
- Historic Latta Plantation – Huntersville NC
- Lake Norman’s Top Employers
- Amazing Home Of NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart
- Amazing Homes Of NASCAR Drivers
- Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT
- Central North End: Historic Meets Hip
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Charlotte East End: Something for Everyone
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Charlotte South End: Dilworth, South Park, and Myers Park
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Charlotte – Getting Around the City
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group