Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT Real Estate
The downtown area of Charlotte is, ironically, often referred to as Uptown. If you want to understand Uptown, you have to understand “the wards.” Uptown consists of four wards designated by the intersections of Tyron Street and Trade Street.
Let’s break this down, ward by ward.
The first ward used to be a part of Charlotte that you wanted to avoid. Not anymore. In the past few years, this first ward has undergone extensive urban revitalization. What was once considered a “shady” area is now a great spot for city living.
The second ward consists of the convention center, Harvey B. Gantt Center for arts and culture.
The third ward is located directly west of the Tyron and Trade St. intersection. This ward is home to Bank of America Stadium and Gateway Village—a development consisting of entertainment, housing, restaurants, and shopping.
The fourth ward, a designated historic Charlotte neighborhood, consists of Victorian style homes. As with most downtown regions of major cities, there are a few drawbacks here. Housing prices are higher, parking is limited, and traffic can get congested– particularly near Bank of America Stadium after a Panthers games.
- All About The Whitewater Center Charlotte, NC
- Lets Conquer “The Discovery Place” in Huntersville, NC
- 2 Lake Norman Towns Top The List
- Landscaping to Improve Resale
- How to Finish First at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC
- Davidson Community Players
- Where To Eat in Davidson, NC, and Lake Norman
- Cornelius – Land of Lakes
- Historic Latta Plantation – Huntersville NC
- Lake Norman’s Top Employers
- Amazing Home Of NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart
- Amazing Homes Of NASCAR Drivers
- Charlotte City Center: Uptown Funk in the Heart of CLT
- Central North End: Historic Meets Hip
- Concord, NC – Charlotte Metropolitan Area’s Second Largest City
- Charlotte East End: Something for Everyone
- Davidson, NC – A Beautiful Lake Norman Suburban Town
- Charlotte South End: Dilworth, South Park, and Myers Park
- Cornelius, NC – A Neighboring Town to Huntersville, Davidson & Mooresville
- Charlotte – Getting Around the City
- Huntersville, NC – North Carolina’s 17th Largest City
- Harrisburg, NC – A Lovely Town To Call Home
- Mooresville, NC – Race City USA
- Lake Norman | The Sarver Group
- Huntersville | The Sarver Group
- Cornelius | The Sarver Group
- Davidson, NC | The Sarver Group
- Mooresville | The Sarver Group
- Charlotte | The Sarver Group
- Denver | The Sarver Group
- Concord | The Sarver Group
- The Peninsula | The Sarver Group
- The Point The Sarver Group
- River Run | The Sarver Group
- Birkdale | The Sarver Group
- Westmoreland | The Sarver Group
- Blue Stone Harbor | The Sarver Group
- MacAulay | The Sarver Group
- Northstone | The Sarver Group
- Patricks Purchase | The Sarver Group
- Waxhaw | The Sarver Group