Ahhhh, Valentine’s Day……the day for sweethearts or the day for singles to celebrate NOT having to buy a gift. Here are a few little interesting facts about Valentine’s Day before we dive into what the Charlotte area has to offer around the Valentine’s holiday:
- Many believe the “X” symbol became synonymous with the kiss of medieval times. People who couldn’t write, signed their names with an X. Then X was then kissed to show sincerity.
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day in the late 1800’s.
- Over $1 Billion dollars worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine’s Day in the United States
- The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, Roman Goddess of Love
- 220,000 is the average number of wedding proposals on Valentine’s Day each year
To read more fun, interesting facts, please click here.
There is so much to do in and around the Charlotte area for Valentine’s Day. You don’t need a significant other and you can bring the kids! Why not head to a bakery to decorate a pre-baked cookie or cupcake at Red Clay Ciderworks on 2/11. This is perfect for the little munchkins:) Or if you and your special someone want an enchanting evening, head to the Love That Lasts Valentine’s Day Gala at the Kappa Foundation Hall on 2/10. It’s an elegant, charitable event featuring live jazz, red carpet, wine and hor ‘deourves. Are you single? Head to Whiskey River on 2/14 for a super fun night of make up tutorials, dessert bar and movies on the big screen. Live, LAUGH, Love….head to the Club Mirage on 2/14 for some good comedy and entertainment! Please click here to see all events around the area!! We hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and let us know which event you decided to attend!
Click CORNELIUS HOMES FOR SALE