Top 5 Places to View Colorful Fall Foliage
Here is a list of the Top 5 areas in NC to view:
- Uwharrie National Forest – only an hour drive from Charlotte. From the gold mines to beautiful lakes, hike one one of the scenic trails and take in the colorful leaves and crisp air.
- Crowder’s Mountain – just a 30 min drive from Charlotte. Great place for rock climbers, mountain bikers and hikers. Since this is one of the lowest elevations in NC, colors may not peak for another couple of weeks. But you can climb to the top and see the magnificent views of the Charlotte Skyline!
- Grandfather Mountain – it’s a couple of hours from Charlotte, but so worth it! You can soak in the beautiful fall colors from the Mile High Bridge. You can also visit wildlife habitats and the Nature Museum.
- Table Rock – is located Pisgah National Forest. The peak is over 3,950 ft. above sea level over-looking Linville Gorge. The hike is somewhat difficult, but the payoff is great aerial views!
- Chimney Rock – this is a unique mountain town. Hiking to the top to view the spectacular colors is a must. You can also see Lake Lure!!
So make your plans to visit one or more of these places. It’s great for family photos too!!