Great Tips to Keep Your Pets Safe and Warm
We all love our pets like family♥ We owe it to them to keep them safe and warm during the winter months. Here are some great tips from the Humane Society:
- Have your pets indoors if at all possible. Never leave your pet outside longer than a few hours
- Give them more food and fresh water. Staying warm takes up a lot of energy.
- Dress them warmly especially if their short haired or hairless.
- Fix them a comfy, fluffy bed. They want to be cozy just as we do.
- Never, ever leave them in a car. It can become like a refrigerator & they can get sick or freeze to death.
- Stay away from trimming/clipping. They need their coat to keep warm.
- Don’t let your dog off the leash. Please make sure they have their ID Tag and/or a microchip. They can lose their scent if the ground is snow covered.
- Take precaution when starting your car if you park it in your driveway. Cats love to sleep under hoods, tops of tires, to keep warm.