THREE BUYER MYTHS YOU NEED TO KNOW
-YOU HAVE TO PUT 20% DOWN TO PURCHASE A HOME:
• Putting a minimum of 20% down on a house does have some financial
benefits but it isn’t required.
• There are several options when it comes to financing your home so you’ll
want to meet with a lender to discuss your options.
• There are loans that require as little as 3% down as well as resources for
buyers struggling with money for a down payment. Our #1 Tip is do not
get pre-approved from an online lender. Find someone LOCAL who you
can actually sit down with so you make the best decision for your
–IT DOESN’T MATTER IF I DON’T HAVE A REAL ESTATE AGENT
• Some buyers prefer not to commit to working with one specific agent and
therefore they don’t take advantage of hiring a buyer’s agent to help them
with their home purchase.
• This means they’re on their own for scheduling showings, being alerted of
new listings and when it comes time to negotiations, they won’t have
anyone working in their best interest.
• This combination can prevent you from getting an Accepted Offer on the
house you really love because you haven’t been educated on the market
or how quickly you need to make a move. It could also result in you losing
money or overspending because you don’t have anyone negotiating on
• If you decided not to work with a Real Estate Agent to represent you, the
listing agent (who works for the sellers) will be the one writing your offer
and handling both sides of the transaction.
-WAIT UNTIL SPRING TO START LOOKING FOR HOMES
• As Real Estate Agents, we hear this all the time but we want to share why
starting your home search before Spring isn’t a bad idea.
• There is less competition when you’re not in the prime months for buying
and selling real estate. Buying in the “off season” could save you money
because there are less buyers out there which means less potential
competition when writing an offer.
We hope you find this information helpful and please reach out to us for your real estate needs – The Sarver Group | 704-626-7007