HOW TO MAKE BUYERS “FALL FOR YOUR HOUSE THIS SEASON”
‐ TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FALL SCENT
- So Fall is the season with some of the best scents! Getting that perfect scent in your
home can be tricky and we want to make sure we’re avoiding spraying Febreeze
everywhere because that just smells like you’re trying to cover something up.
- So instead, invest in some great smelling Fall candles. Bath & Body has tons of
scents that leave your house smelling delicious! Other great ways to create an
inviting Fall scent is by baking chocolate chip cookies or pumpkin pie. You can
also make a homemade potpourri on the stove with cinnamon and cloves.
- Don’t mix too many scents. Try to stick to one per showing or open house. When
you have too many scents it can give people a headache and feel overwhelming.
You can’t go wrong with any of the ones I mentioned so pick your favorite!
‐ STICK WITH WARM COZY VIBES OVER FESTIVE HALLOWEEN WHEN IT COMES TO
- If you’re listing your home in October, you might want to skip going all out on
festive Halloween décor. Potential buyers might have a hard time seeing past
fake skeletons and tombstone décor when they look at your house.
- Instead, stick with warm, cozy vibes when it comes to Fall décor. All you need are
a variety of pumpkins (white, orange, and green look pretty together), gourds,
corn stalks and colorful mums.
- You can find all of these items at your local home improvement or gardening
‐HELP BUYERS IMAGINE THEMSELVES LIVING THERE
- This goes for any season but it’s important to strike a balance between “lived in”
and put together.
- Remove items such as gallery walls of family photos but not to the point where it
looks like no one lives in the house. Keep a throw on the couch, a book out on
the coffee table, and a candle burning in the kitchen.
- Selling in the Fall means selling during football season! If you have showings
scheduled while a football game is on, turn on the TV and keep the game on for
- If you have a gas fireplace, turn that on for showings as long as it’s not left on for
too long. It will create a warm and inviting atmosphere.