We have all been in this traffic, now we’ll be able to find some relief. Yes, it will take some time, but it will get done. And we will get moving once again! See below the amazing plans for our area:
1. Torrence Chapel/West Catawba: Three roundabouts at Post Office, Lake Norman Jeep Dodge Chrysler Ram, and Knox Road, and improvements to Knox Road at One Norman. Construction to begin in 2022.
2. Highway 21/Catawba: Two roundabouts on two sides of the intersection. Construction to begin in 2022.
3. NC 115/Potts Street: Roundabout at intersection. Construction to begin in 2022.
4. Northcross Drive Extension: Roundabout at Westmoreland Rd. and Eagle Ridge Way. Provides north/south connectivity to Highway 73 near Birkdale. Construction to begin in 2022.
5. Bailey Road Extension: Extend Bailey Road from sharp curve to US 21. Construction to begin in 2023.
6. Hickory Street/NC 115 Traffic Signal: Installation to begin in 2023.
7. Widening West Catawba from Jetton to Highway 73: Construction to begin in 2026.