Preparing to Go Back to School!
Say it ain’t so?!? Yes, it’s that time of year. Summer has been quite fun, but all good things must come to an end. School is COOL, right? Some kids just might disagree with that! Now, let’s prepare the best way we can so we aren’t pulling our hair out. Here are a few GREAT tips:
- TRY to enjoy school shopping with your children. Get them involved and let them have some choices. It gives them a sense of independence.
- Host a back to school PAR-TAY like nobodies business!! Make it fun. Have it outside with water balloons, slip-n-slide, NERF war or whatever you desire. Just get them OFF and away from the screens and enjoying the outdoors before they are indoors for more than 6 hours a day. Order pizza and ask each child to bring a school supply(s) to donate!
- Once school starts, be sure to plan family time. It’s super important to stay connected. We know extra-curricular activities do take up a lot of everyone’s time, so put it on the family calendar (or syncing to everyone’s phone calendar, lol)! If it’s not on the calendar, then it won’t happen.
- Create a neat homework space for your children. A clutter free space is very important, as it will keep them from losing their assignments. And it just may keep them organized. Well, we can keep our fingers crossed on that one!
- For younger children, purchase a plastic drawer system, have their outfits for the week picked out and put them in individual drawers. This will eliminate (or should) any headaches in the morning rush to getting off to school. Involve them in choosing their own clothes, makes them feel proud for choosing “all by myself”.
- Plan out healthy snacks. It’s easy to fall into the trap of grabbing chips or cookies, which is fine once in while. But crackers, cheese, veggies and fruits are a great substitute. Along with getting 8 hours of sleep.
- Create a planner. This can keep your meal plans, school papers/materials organized. And the projects, oh my, the projects!!!!
To read more helpful tips, click HERE.